The first race of the 2017 MotoGP season did not disappoint! We had rain, a surprise rookie leader, and a great battle for the win! So – who had the best day, and who fell flat? We analyze the action in all three series on the Motoweek Post-Race Podcast for the Qatar GP!
Here’s The Rundown for the show:
– Moto3 – strategy wins out in another classically-close battle for the lightweight division
– Moto2 – maybe not as exciting as it could have been – but it contained several unexpected championship twists
– MotoGP – high drama as a rookie leads early, Ducati dominates the middle and the pre-season favorite wins out in the end!
– Zarco gets off to a shockingly good start
– At least one Ducati rider performs at the ‘Ducati track’
– Vinales is really, really good
– Rossi makes a statement
– What happened to Honda?
– More importantly – what happened to Jorge Lorenzo!? And what can Ducati do to fix it?
What did you think of the race? Let me know on the Facebook Page (facebook.com/motoweek.net) – where you can also find details about the Motoweek Fantasy MotoGP league!
Thanks for listening!